what we offer:
We offer you a versatile position with a great deal of responsibility in an open and professional organization. You will work in a pleasant and rewarding atmosphere with opportunities for growth and development.
We are looking for a dynamic individual to take the role as cook in our hospital. The cook will prepare meals and follow establishment recipes. Duties include preparing ingredients, adhering to special dietary need of patients and following food health and safety procedures. Cook, clean, assist other cooks and staff, and prepare food in a fast-paced environment. Work may include operating a grill, oven, or fryer. Previous experience in a team environment and various cooking methods preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Knowledge of HACCP sanitation regulations/hygienic standards;
- A minimum of 3 years in similar position;
- Proven cooking experience, including experience as a line chef, restaurant cook or prep cook;
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures;
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks;
- Familiar with industry’s best practices;
- Comprehension of the English language is needed for handling diet information and following recipes.
Attachment: PDF of vacancy
For more information contact our Human Resource Department via tel. +1 721 54 31111 ext. 2584. Your motivation letter and resume can be submitted to the HR department at SMMC via: firstname.lastname@example.org. A copy should be submitted to the Labor and Social Affairs Dept. located on Soualiga Road #1, Philipsburg, Sint Maarten. Deadline to apply is Friday June 14, 2019.
About our hospital:
Sint Maarten Medical Center (SMMC) is an ambitious and growing hospital organization on Sint Maarten. With more than 300 employees, 24 specialists and a capacity of 69 beds. We continuously strive to ensure safe, quality health care. Our primary service area, St. Maarten, Statia and Saba, represents a total population of approximately 60.000 people, constituting a multi-cultural mix with more than 100 different nationalities. In addition, we offer health care services to the visiting tourists, which include annually more than 2 million cruise ship tourists.
SMMC is on the verge of realizing a new hospital building, to expand its services in order to accomodate the increased care demand of the people of St. Maarten, its visitors and neighboring islands. The new hispital is planned to be operational in 2022.